Careers – Mental Health Skill Builder – $750 Sign-On Bonus
$20 an hour and up (depending on experience)
Number of hires for this role
Join the HYPE family.
H.Y.P.E. Counseling Services has been helping bridge the 360 degree mental health gap within the community of Richmond, Virginia since 2009. By partnering up clients with our specialized skill builders, crisis workers, and psychiatric staff, we are able to provide quality programs such as: mental health skill building, crisis stabilization, intensive in-home counseling, addiction and recovery treatment, and advanced behavioral analyzation. Our programs are licensed by the State of Virginia and designed to empower our clients to develop the skills necessary to live independently in their communities.
Are you a: LCSWs, LPCs, QMHP, IIH, MHSB, Crisis Stabilization Worker, Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, or Certified Peer Recovery Support Specialist?
Get with HYPE. Apply now!
Who we’re looking for
HYPE Counseling Services is looking for a Mental Health Skill Builder in our Richmond, VA location! As one of our Skill Builders, you will be providing a variety of services to our clients in the form of: Personal budgeting, Health Care engagement to include psychiatric assistance at times, personal appointment setting, outpatient therapy, case management, developing healthy coping skills, safety planning, development of life-skills, independence empowerment, and education on personal hygiene.
Mental health skill-building services are designed to help an individual learn to navigate the community of which they’re part of, in partnership with other services providers at times. It is a structured approach to teaching and training individuals to adhere to medical directives, follow through their daily personal tasks and goals, and built support systems for themselves. Skill-building services are not long-term solutions to serve deficits in functioning; it is instead a time-limited service that provides individuals with a personalized approach towards overall recovery and being a productive member of his or her community.
This position reports to our Quality Assurance Supervisor.
What you’ll be doing
Including but not limited to:
- Provides individual, one-on-one support and training to HYPE clients who have been approved for services in the form of behavior management, care coordination, crisis intervention, or psycho-social education
- Responds to referral source and family in need of services within 24 hours of receiving referral from Director
- Creates and implements individualized service plans or individualized behavioral modification plans with client and parent/guardian, when applicable
- Attends all scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintains open communication lines with Program Manager and referring agency on a weekly basis to discuss updates, progress, concerns, or provide feedback as needed
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures and complete other tasks deemed necessary for the successful and quality-driven delivery of services
- Completes all required notes and individualized service plan documentation and other requested paperwork in a timely manner
- Remains available 24 hours during on-call crisis interventions
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Associate degree or higher education degree preferred
- Qualified Mental Health Professional A/C a significant plus
- Two (2) years of experience working with at-risk youth or adults preferred
- Excellent demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Basic financial planning and budgeting skills
- Passion for working with clients of diverse ethnic groups
- Ability to create and submit reports or notes in a timely manner
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be able to present a positive working environment aligning with HYPE Company Values
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people in a positive manner
- Ability to successfully pass required background checks to include: FBI Fingerprinting check and Central Registry Checks
- Active driver’s license and auto insurance records
Perks + Benefits:
In addition to our welcoming company culture and competitive compensation packages, our direct-hire employees enjoy the below benefits:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Pay commensurate with experience
- $750 Sign-On Bonus
- Work-life Balance
- Family oriented company culture
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other reason protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour and up